So you wanna learn to tend bar? So Cool!
If you’re an up-and-coming bartender looking to take your skills to the next level, then you should definitely consider signing up the TalkTales Patreon. Our Patreon offers a wealth of knowledge and experience from our mixologists, who have years of experience in the industry.
Not only will you have access to exclusive videos and tutorials, but you’ll also have the opportunity to receive one-on-one guidance from our experts. This includes personalized feedback on your bartending skills, as well as help with resume writing and advice on how to land your dream job.
With our Patreon, you’ll have all the tools you need to become a successful bartender and take your career to new heights. So why wait? Sign up today and start learning from the best in the business!
Are you looking to break into the world of bartending but don’t want to spend a fortune on bartending school? You’re not alone! Many successful bartenders have gotten their start without ever setting foot in a classroom. Here are some tips on how to get into bartending without going to bartending school:
- Start with the basics: Before you start pouring drinks, it’s important to have a solid foundation of knowledge. This means learning the different types of spirits, the basics of cocktail making, and the proper techniques for shaking, stirring, and pouring. There are plenty of online resources available for free, including blogs, YouTube videos, and forums.
- Practice at home: Once you’ve learned the basics, start practicing at home. Invest in a basic set of bar tools and start experimenting with different recipes. Invite friends over and practice making drinks for them, and ask for feedback on your creations. This will help you perfect your technique and gain confidence in your abilities.
- Build your network: The key to success in the bartending world is networking. Attend industry events, such as trade shows and cocktail competitions, and get to know other bartenders and industry professionals. Offer to volunteer at events or do some free bartending for a charity event or a friend’s party. This will help you gain experience and build your reputation in the industry.
- Look for job opportunities: Once you feel confident in your skills and have built up a network of contacts, start looking for job opportunities. Check online job boards, social media groups, and local classifieds for bartending positions. Don’t be afraid to start with an entry-level position, such as a barback or server, and work your way up.
- Be persistent: Breaking into the bartending industry can be tough, but don’t give up. Keep practicing, networking, and looking for opportunities. Persistence is key, and with hard work and determination, you can achieve your goals.
Remember, you don’t need a formal education to become a successful bartender. With dedication, hard work, and a little bit of creativity, you can make your mark in the industry and craft delicious cocktails that keep customers coming back for more.